Need Help after XF 2.2 Upgrade -- Speed, Responsiveness

Paul McM

We just completed an upgrade to Xenforo 2.2. We need a brilliant expert to help us understand why the site is running so slow and how we get it back up to previous speed. I wish I could tell you more. Sometimes the site seems fast, then, minutes later it can take 30 seconds to launch.

Issues: Sometimes Forum is very slow, even non-responsive; this was not the case at all with previous XF 1.5
Concurrent users: 200-400 on average
Current Build: Xenforo 2.2
Useful if you have familiarity with Siropu Ad manager and Bajka XF2 addons.

We would prefer someone in North America, so we can communicate in real time. Because server issues need to be considered we would have to have very strong security references. Work needs to start immediately. Upgrade went live on October 8, 2020. Please respond to this thread and I will provide email and phne

We haven't had any reports of general issues with XF2.2 performance and there are some large sites running it.

My advice would be to disable all third party add-ons and test in a default style.

Most issues are typically due to third party code.

Brogan,
Thanks for reply. I disabled about half the add-ons, including Siropu and we didn't see many changes but I guess I will go further. The Forum was very, very fast under 1.5 and now it can take up to 12 seconds to load a thread, and sometimes it times out completely.

Do you know of any specific error-reporting parts of the Admin interface. We have had 10,000 of these repeat errors in 24 hours:

1602302739005.webp

Symptom was while logged in switching between forums took from 5 to 10 seconds. If I log out, the site was very fast switching between forums.

Solution was to Rebuild user caches:

Admin control panel -> Tools -> Rebuild caches -> Rebuild user caches

To thread readers. Andy's fix definitely solved our major slow-down problem. So user experience went from "terrible", "can't open anything" yesterday to now: "site is very fast -- thank you!".

Fix again was to rebuild user cache. Honestly, the site was essentially dead for majority of users.

However, we are still seeing the error report listed above. It is happening multiple times an hour (112 errors in hours).
If anyone can help resolve this issue, that would be appreciated.
HINT: It looks like most of the errors are "generated by" ADMIN Accounts
Here is the Stack trace:

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: node_id
  • src/XF/Report/Post.php:12
  • Generated by: [Admin Account2]
  • Oct 10, 2020 at 6:23 AM

Stack trace​

#0 src/XF/Report/Post.php(12): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/accurate/...', 12, Array)
#1 src/XF/Report/AbstractHandler.php(19): XF\Report\Post->canViewContent(Object(XF\Entity\Report))
#2 src/XF/Entity/Report.php(45): XF\Report\AbstractHandler->canView(Object(XF\Entity\Report))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(320): XF\Entity\Report->canView()
#4 [internal function]: XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->XF\Mvc\Entity\{closure}(Object(XF\Entity\Report))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(189): array_filter(Array, Object(Closure))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(321): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter(Object(Closure))
#7 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Report.php(37): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filterViewable()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Pub\Controller\Report->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(261): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Report', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Report), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Report), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#12 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(464): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(9) "/reports/"
["referrer"] => string(34) "[Forum location URL]"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/reports/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

And another...

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: node_id
  • src/XF/Report/Post.php:12
  • Generated by: [admin account]
  • Oct 10, 2020 at 6:49 AM

Stack trace​

#0 src/XF/Report/Post.php(12): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/accurate/...', 12, Array)
#1 src/XF/Report/AbstractHandler.php(19): XF\Report\Post->canViewContent(Object(XF\Entity\Report))
#2 src/XF/Entity/Report.php(45): XF\Report\AbstractHandler->canView(Object(XF\Entity\Report))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(320): XF\Entity\Report->canView()
#4 [internal function]: XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->XF\Mvc\Entity\{closure}(Object(XF\Entity\Report))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(189): array_filter(Array, Object(Closure))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(321): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter(Object(Closure))
#7 src/XF/Pub/App.php(304): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filterViewable()
#8 src/XF/Pub/App.php(197): XF\Pub\App->updateModeratorCaches()
#9 src/XF/App.php(2296): XF\Pub\App->start(true)
#10 src/XF.php(464): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(17) "/login/keep-alive"
["referrer"] => string(55) ".../whats-new/posts/1114/" [this was actual full URL for page]
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/login/keep-alive"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(2) {
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Last edited:
Top Bottom