Need answers to some important questions, before migration of all our vbulletin sites.

XFR00z0

Hello,
We are looking for answers to some important questions, before make a decision to use xenforo for our new ventures.
We have more then 5 vbulletin + vbseo powered sites and 5 vbulletin suites + vbseo (all branding free only) and 50 other non-forum sites.

We require following features in forum software:
1. We require a very powerful CMS system apart from forum software (very important)
- We had been using drupal on many of eastablished sites with vbulletin forum.
2. We have custom skins and custom modification requirements, does xenforo offers this services ?
- We have been having huge difficulites finding the developers/designers for vbulletin now.. hence left with no option but select an alternative.
3. Direct email/phone technical support.
4. Any future plans for xenforo software script.
5. The future of xenforo system.. (very important).

Thanks in advance.

Hello Future, XenForo isn't big enough to satisfy your requirements unfortunately.

1) CMS - CMS or article system? XenForo has a built in article system.
2) XenForo don't offer these services, nor does vBulletin. The community may, however.
3) No. Too time consuming for phone support. Ticket support is available, however.
4) Can you elaborate on this?
5) Again, on this.

1. We require a very powerful CMS system apart from forum software (very important)
- We had been using drupal on many of eastablished sites with vbulletin forum.

a) There are a couple of mods that provide various levels of integration with wordpress. Seems the best option to me.

b) there is a joomla bridge using jfusion

2. We have custom skins and custom modification requirements, does xenforo offers this services ?
- We have been having huge difficulites finding the developers/designers for vbulletin now.. hence left with no option but select an alternative.

I believe there are some people here who will do custom work. Based on what I've heard, people are saying its easier to develop for xenforo so its possible you could hire an outside programmer for certain requests without much issue.

3. Direct email/phone technical support.

Not sure if xenforo has a ticketing system but I believe they do. In any case the support on the forums has been solid.

4. Any future plans for xenforo software script.

5. The future of xenforo system.. (very important).

I don't think they've made any official announcements except to say that they will continue to focus on the development of the forum itself. I believe a search solution for larger boards is also in the works too. If you want a glimpse of what tomorrow will look like, look through the 'have you seen' forum and read some of Kier's and Mike's comments on the forum here. I would expect that kind of communication to continue in the future.

I think 1.1 brings a lot to the table and the few things we let go on our site weren't truly needed at the end of the day anyway. So make a list of what is important to you and your community, and give an honest assesment about how much its really used.

Guys,
Thanks for your inputs appreciated.

Very important Question:
I want to maintain my urls (majority of forums are using vbulletin + vbseo), I do not want to break this URL structure.

We require:
1. Forum Urls to be same like vbulletin
2. Topic/Thread Urls to be same.

If this needs some kind of manual work, do let us know, we have a small team who may be able to achieve this if easy.
Very important question.

Regards,

Very important Question:
W want to maintain my url structure for forumdisplay and showthread pages of vbulletin

We require:
1. Forum Urls to be same like vbulletin
2. Topic/Thread Urls to be same.

If this needs some kind of manual work, do let us know, we have a small team who may be able to achieve this if easy.
Very important question.

Regards,
Bumping after 7-8 years again, pissed with vbulletin completely.. IF the above mentioned thing is possible kindly guide how will that work..
Looking to join Xenforo soon, if above requirements are met in any way.

Thanks again.

We have opted to WORDPRESS as our CMS.

My bad for confusion. I actually meant if this is possible.

Not url structure I meant but the thread ID, post id, will those remain same.

Example vbulletin link:
example.com/topic1.html
example.com/topic2.html

After xenforo import it may change to:
example.com/topic11.html
Or remain same
example.com/topic1.html

I hope I clarify now?

We require thread ID, post ID, member ID to be exactly same like vbulletin in xenforo
(if this is doable, we can play with (.htacess and get same URL structure too)
If not no issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom