1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need A Partner For A Rating/Dating Site

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Feb 15, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I don't want to host it because it would require me to upgrade my server and I don't make enough money to upgrade so I'm looking for a partner. One of the reasons I had this idea is because most rating and dating sites suck due to admins letting fakes creeps run wild. With a strong moderator team that wouldn't happen. It would also provide much-needed traffic back to my own site and my partner's site if they have one. I think this is a good since everyone's addicted Facebook and Twitter these days, but they never tire of rating/dating sites.
  2. EasyTarget

EasyTarget Well-Known Member

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I read that it integrates with vBulletin and I still have my vBulletin license. I could create a subdomain on my site and install both, integrate them and test it out.
  4. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

While Tufat has some interesting stuff, the support / updates are pretty much non-existent.
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Oh in that case, that sucks. I would like something that has support.

A friend of mine has a domain that she never uses so I'm going to use her domain to experiment.
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

TheVisitors likes this.
  7. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I tried a dating site with XF, all I can say: the spammers from Nigeria and Ghana will come after you and spam it like crazy.
    It`s a 24/7 job to detect and delete spammers.....
  8. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

• StopForumSpam registration integration and submission
    • BotScout registration integration
    • FSpamList registration integration
    • No proxies

Add Cloudflare.com and watch the spam issue be almost null
    erich37 likes this.
  9. erich37

I have used "StopForumSpam" and "FSpamList" as well, but it did not help a lot. I also used "XenUtiles" which is actually great!
    Still, it was just a nightmare dealing with fake users. The biggest help was to block certain "Countries" entirely, but this only works if you run a dedicated server.

A question for XenForo:
    I have read somewhere a post from Mike or Kier that they will include "StopForumSpam" in some of the next XF-versions. What about XenUtiles?
    Is there a plan to also integrate "prevention of Proxies"? Or should I rather go with Borbole's Add-on?
  10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

11. erich37