Need a new wireless router modem

When I put wireless into the house, I took a different approach that might work for you.

I installed the main wireless router with the switches. Then I went to every location where I wanted coverage and checked signal strength with my iphone. Where is was insufficient, I installed a wireless repeater. With one router and three repeaters, I have the house covered: all bedrooms, the kitchen, the front porch and poolside. I can work anywehre I want on any type of wireless device.

The most important thing, secure the hell out of it.
Do you have any issues with the repeaters?

When I was looking at getting one, there seemed to be a fair amount of people complaining that their repeaters were encountering lost connection issues with the main router, after a certain period of time. The solution seemed to be to reset the repeater by turning it off and on again, which would re-establish the connection, but that would obviously be annoying to say the least.

-Chris

On second thought, I think I will replace this router rather than place repeaters.

Look at the CRC, FEC and HEC problems. When these are this high, I can't use the internet, I have to reset the network connection.
Screen shot 2011-02-21 at 17.13.35.webp

Top Bottom