XF 1.3 Need a idea for a organized layout for videos.

Sean B.

Dunno if this is the correct place to post this so if so then please move to the proper section...

Anyway...can someone give me a idea(s) for a layout for displaying videos, I don't wish to use xenmedio because truth be told i already have it on my site, I would rather make my own custom layout to display my videos, ty for any ideas.^^

How and where are you going to display them?

In a thread? A page node? Something else?

Or do you mean you are looking for an add-on to manage them?

You could do multiple things to achieve the same or similar results.

If you use widget framework and create your own renderer where you can specify a video link or local file, you can create a widget page (same basic principle as a page node except it is made to control widget layout easily) and just create as many unique instances of widgets using your custom renderer. (You can include widgets almost anywhere though if you like)

You could also create a template and create your own layout and hard code video links in that template and then just xen:include that template in a created page node (or just enter all of that html in the page html directly) and then add the corresponding css for it in EXTRA.css

You could do multiple things to achieve the same or similar results.

If you use widget framework and create your own renderer where you can specify a video link or local file, you can create a widget page (same basic principle as a page node except it is made to control widget layout easily) and just create as many unique instances of widgets using your custom renderer. (You can include widgets almost anywhere though if you like)

You could also create a template and create your own layout and hard code video links in that template and then just xen:include that template in a created page node (or just enter all of that html in the page html directly) and then add the corresponding css for it in EXTRA.css

alright ty EQnoble, will take your idea and use it, ty again.

Top Bottom