(Nearly) Fresh Install

HoddzDJ

Hey guys!

I am currently running xenForo version 1.1.2 and will be upgrading to 1.1.3 very soon but I want to install it as a nearly fresh install. What I mean by that is, I want to keep only member and post information, along with all of the current forum structure. I want rid of all the plugins that are installed and any template modifications that I have made. I just want the bare bones of the software.

I was just wondering the best way to achieve this really.

Before doing the upgrade, uninstall all the addons. Revert all the templates back to normal. Check your DB to ensure any additional tables that were added with the addons are indeed gone. Once that's all done, you should have an installation that's pretty close to default for your upgrade.

(Before digging around in the DB, ensure you do a backup just in case things don't go as planned.)

Before doing the upgrade, uninstall all the addons. Revert all the templates back to normal. Check your DB to ensure any additional tables that were added with the addons are indeed gone. Once that's all done, you should have an installation that's pretty close to default for your upgrade.

(Before digging around in the DB, ensure you do a backup just in case things don't go as planned.)
Thanks Biker, will get on it :)

I have now upgraded to 1.1.3 but there must be something playing havoc with it, for some reason I keep getting directoed to my root when I try to enter any forum to view. Must be something to do with my .htaccess but I wouldn't have any clue on where to start looking!

I'm also getting JavaScript errors galore, can't login or register. Total nightmare. Not sure what has happened.

http://www.pukkaradio.net/community/

Top Bottom