Navigation...

trapped_soul

I get a lot of members leaving the site or querying, and making enquiries about navigation.
They all find it hard, difficulty to manage, or difficult to use.
So my question is; Is XF stock navigation easy enough for the end user?
Forget your developer mode, forget your coder mode...
We're talking online FB/Twit/Insta users who need ease of use, ease of access.

Are XF making their products easy enough to use for the end user?
I ask because, 99.9% of my deletion requests are from people who cannot navigate the software, even though the s/w is an absolute army for content.
Best wishes and hope you're all well.

Create a thread or forum and post a series of illustrated how-to instructions for basic navigation, starting threads, posting replies, attaching images, etc.

That's worked well for me.

Create a thread or forum and post a series of illustrated how-to instructions for basic navigation, starting threads, posting replies, attaching images, etc.

That's worked well for me.
I have an FAQ area and still people struggle. I don't quite get it tbh.

An illustrated guide with screen shots and a very specific thread title works far better. Some people don't even know what a FAQ is and it's too generic to help them find the information they need to get started,

An illustrated guide with screen shots and a very specific thread title works far better. Some people don't even know what a FAQ is and it's too generic to help them find the information they need to get started,
I do that too... maybe it's not enough? :(
Can I ask if you can look at my site and see if I need to change things with advice? Would that be okay?

Yes your FAQs and Help forum is way too far down the page and that's why your members are missing it. Move it up so it's the first forum under the Public Forums category.

Then unstick all the current stickies in that forum and stick everything with the Site FAQ prefix instead.

That should increase visibility for your members.

Top Bottom