XF 2.2 Navigation Issue

Davyc

OK this is the issue I'm facing and I'm not 100% sure how to resolve it.

On the main navigation when on the home page I can click an item and get a drop down - like below:

1706865846838.webp

If I click into one of the items (basically a forum) I lose the drop down:

1706865933478.webp

Which means I have to go to the home page again to select a different forum. Any ideas how to resolve this? With thanks.

Speaking for the default theme, to solve the issue, putting the following CSS code to the extra.less template should be enough:

CSS:
.p-nav-list .p-navEl.is-selected .p-navEl-splitTrigger {
  display: initial !important;
}

However, either because of the theme you are using or because of changes you may have made to the navigation, there is a different code structure than the original XenForo navigation. When I click on an item in the dropdown, the arrow in the menu link is deleted.

Normally it should be hidden with CSS.

Thanks for reaching out and giving that code, unfortunately it didn't work. Not even in the default theme. Must be something to do with something else. I'll try a couple of trouble-shooting thoughts and see if it can be resolved.

Thanks for reaching out and giving that code, unfortunately it didn't work. Not even in the default theme. Must be something to do with something else. I'll try a couple of trouble-shooting thoughts and see if it can be resolved.
It is expected that it won't work in your current theme, but it is simply impossible that it won't work in the default theme.

You might be doing something wrong.

You can also contact your forum developer or theme provider for help.

How are you removing the sub-navigation? We have an option built into our style framework which does it properly. It appears you may have added a simple display: none; to the sub-nav (there are other steps to make this work which our option does).

I'd remove that CSS you added and check our disable sub-nav option Style properties -> header and navigation.

Feel free to reach out if the above doesn't work.

Hi @Russ I don't have anything in the extra.less regarding the sub-menu and in the style setting it is set to display. This issue is also in the default style which is unmodified (empty extra.less) so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the add-on for the movies and TV shows as they have their own node style, as the drop downs work on ordinary forums, such as the help section. Trying to think outside of the box lol.

Top Bottom