mysqli added. server load / sql spikes increased

Well, I wish I could report that things all worked out for the better. The server load isn't under control and its been beating up the sites.
The vB3 sites are the ones that seem to be taking the brunt of it. Then again the xF sites are not nearly as active. Double / tripple posting is still a common occurrence, posting to the sql taking 5-10 seconds is not uncommon still. We've gone as far as having devs look at some of the plugins to ensure they aren't the problem.

70% CPU usage from sql is still happening. bursting though, not sitting at 70% always.

Last edited:
Litespeed was installed earlier by Slavik

1:30 am trying to manage the current down time. All sym links broke, cpu load sitting at 21. All folder permissions wiped, nobody owns it all. :(

uid=99(nobody) gid=99(nobody) groups=99(nobody) :(

Last edited:
Thought I would update. Hired a guy who absolutely, hands down did an amazing job! Its been a few weeks now since he made the changes and this is where the box is at.
Load Averages: 0.58 0.70 0.66
Ray went as far as to actually seeing what the issues were, wrote up some recommendations and a cost associated with his work.
In the end I added ram to the box, had a dev fix a query, Ray made some cache / server side changes and voila. Box is back to where it was pre xF istall.
https://web6.forumediainc.com:2087/cpsess7205781403/scripts2/top
The guys name is Ray and if anyone wants his details, shoot me a message or email me at rick [at] forumediainc [d0t] com

You won't be disappointed, this guy knows his stuff, atleast when it came to my situations (vb / xF). Super communicative on skype and via email.

Thought I would update. Hired a guy who absolutely, hands down did an amazing job! Its been a few weeks now since he made the changes and this is where the box is at.
Load Averages: 0.58 0.70 0.66
Ray went as far as to actually seeing what the issues were, wrote up some recommendations and a cost associated with his work.
In the end I added ram to the box, had a dev fix a query, Ray made some cache / server side changes and voila. Box is back to where it was pre xF istall.
The guys name is Ray and if anyone wants his details, shoot me a message or email me at rick [at] forumediainc [d0t] com

You won't be disappointed, this guy knows his stuff, atleast when it came to my situations (vb / xF). Super communicative on skype and via email.

Please tell us what he did. I have the same problem with my server, thanks alot!

Top Bottom