mysql optimization

Which is great if you know what you're looking for or what to do, which at the moment.. I do not. As stated in the 1st post, I usually leave such things 'as is' and do not bother to tweak anything.
You should stick with what you know, learn about it or hire a consultant, instead of getting "pumped" when someone is giving you the just hour. This is why I posted earlier MySQL is not easy to optimize:

http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

Last edited:
Probably what Tracy said above, or he hit the socket/pid problem (like mine in some time ago :D)
True... if you don't check the correct location that wizard will screw you up real quick. I remember the first time I used it that was what happened to me.

You should stick with what you know, learn about it or hire a consultant, instead of getting "pumped" when someone is giving you the just hour. This is why I posted earlier MySQL is not easy to optimize:

http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
Odds are with the my.cnf changes, ib_logfile & ibdata files need to be deleted and mysql restarted to allow them to be recreated.
Probably what Tracy said above, or he hit the socket/pid problem (like mine in some time ago :D)
True... if you don't check the correct location that wizard will screw you up real quick. I remember the first time I used it that was what happened to me.
Actually, you're all wrong.... :whistle:

Was using a 3rd party repository and installed something that prevented MySQL from loading (technically it was attempting to load 2x, while still running). I ended up trying to remove mysql and replace it with percona, but that left debian in an endless attempt to stop and start (would fail to stop, even though it was running, then before trying to install it would try starting it again).

Actually, you're all wrong.... :whistle:
Right. :rolleyes:
Was using a 3rd party repository and installed something that prevented MySQL from loading (technically it was attempting to load 2x, while still running).
You should stick with what you know, learn about it or hire a consultant, instead of getting "pumped" when someone is giving you the just hour.
Also, you should learn how to talk to members... start by doing this first with your own forum members. I read quite a few interesting posts on your forums where the degree of trolling and insults you expose in public is off the charts. I'm done, no more comments.

Last edited:
Right. :rolleyes:

Also, you should learn how to talk to members... start by doing this first with your own forum members. I read quite a few interesting posts on your forums where the degree of trolling and insults you expose in public is off the charts. I'm done, no more comments.
We're an uncensored community, which means people are free to speak however they choose (without restriction). If this was SU, I'd have a few choice words for you.

But this XenForo, which is a support forum and I will rather instead wish you well and good luck on whatever you do and whom ever you choose to help or not help. :)

@Sheratan Thank you for being so kind and informative and taking the time to provide some helpful and useful tips of information. You have both my thanks and respect. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom