MySQL databases Auto Backup Program

Sam F

Hi I was looking for a way to automatically download or backup my Xenforo database daily.

I came across this program which backups and restores your MySQL databases.

Auto Backup for MySQL Professional Edition
https://www.swordsky.com/

Has anyone used this before?
Is there a better program or way of doing this?

Also if I download the MySQl database, is that a complete Xenforo backup or do i still need to be downloading other files, just in case i need to do a full restore etc?

Thanks
Sam

Also if I download the MySQl database, is that a complete Xenforo backup or do i still need to be downloading other files, just in case i need to do a full restore etc?

You will need the application files as well. Everything in your directory that pertains to XF.

Do you have a dedicated server? Or does your host include account backups? This is easily done through some of the WHM software options, but you'd need access to that or for your host to set it up for you.

If you are on shared hosting without daily backups, do you at least have access to CPanel control for your account? You can setup cron jobs there to run the mysql backup daily, but you'd probably still need to physically download the files (and have enough space on your account to store the files temporarily).

Hi I was looking for a way to automatically download or backup my Xenforo database daily.

It's very easy to setup a Cron Job in cPanel to do this.

is that a complete Xenforo backup

The rest of the files should be backed up using your web host backup service. For example GoDaddy offers a complete backup for $3.00 dollars a month, it works great and will allow you to easily restore one or any number of files up to 30 days. Each day it backs up your entire server.

Top Bottom