MySQL 5.6 GA - InnoDB Fulltext

Ghan_04

So has anyone tried it? Going full InnoDB on MySQL 5.6 sounds very promising now that it's GA. Supposedly it uses the same syntax as MyISAM did, so converting shouldn't be problematic, but I have yet to try it.

haven't tried InnoDB fulltext yet, but have already setup a test Nginx/PHP 5.411/MySQL 5.6.10 server for testing :)

So has anyone tried it? Going full InnoDB on MySQL 5.6 sounds very promising now that it's GA. Supposedly it uses the same syntax as MyISAM did, so converting shouldn't be problematic, but I have yet to try it.
YES (I have)

I've been using 5.6 since the last beta's and all the RC's. 5.6 is very much an improvement and now that it's released is final with full InnoDB support full text search.... A Sphinx Search modification may not be to far behind (once Sphinx Search catches up with MySQL 5.6).

Performance is very much improved with MySQL 5.6 and even the default XenForo search seems to like it better (queries are processed a little quicker).

Well, converting the xf_search_index table to InnoDB doesn't work for me because of DELAYED MySQL queries. InnoDB doesn't support delayed, and the forum seems to ignore the admin CP setting for it, so....

Top Bottom