XF 1.5 MyBB to Xenforo

rahspot

Hi, I've just bought Xenforo and I have a noobie question. I'll install Xenforo 1.5.21, import Mybb and then upgrade to XF 2.
My question is, should I install Xenforo in any folder? I'm guessing I shouldn't install it in the same folder as my MyBB installation (which has the website name), as it'd be a mess of files.
Thanks in advance!

Install XF in an empty directory, do the import, archive the mybb installation, and move XF to where the mybb installation was.

Thanks. Installed XF in an empty directory but I'm stuck at the import. I keep getting this message:
  • The table prefix or database name is not correct.
  • The attachments directory could not be found.
The database name is correct, I've checked it in phpmyadmin, yet there's no thing as table prefix. I've tried leaving that field empty but I keep getting the same error. I've also looked online and it seems like the prefix should indeed be mybb_ , so I don't know what the problem is.

Just in case, is the importer compatible with MyBB 1.8.12? That's the version of MyBB I'm currently running.

Edit: Already fixed the "attachments directory could not be found" error, the path was wrong. For anyone interested, the absolute path is /home/ftpusername/yoursite/uploads. The "table prefix/database name incorrect" mistake is still present.

Last edited:
The importer is compatible with 1.8.

I can't really offer any other explanation than the error message states - look in the mybb config file to double check.

Thanks Brogan, checked the mybb config file and the table prefix was wrong. Finalized the import and I'm running my site on Xenforo right now! Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom