1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Xenforo experience

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by hellreturn, Feb 9, 2013.

1. hellreturn

hellreturn Active Member

I would some up my Xenforo experience on converting my forums from IPB to XF.

1. It's fast. My forums loads faster and my users like it. It was a small forum so I took a risk to convert it. Conversion went fine and all topics are redirected nicely.

2. I like the trophies, points, etc system. The portal add-on rocks. Much easier to set up then IP.Content for my needs.

3. I like the moderation tools! They are freaking slick! I don't say this often and never said it for vB, phpBB3, MyBB and IPB.

4. Editor rocks! I like IPB but I hate their buggy editor.

5. Even after adding like 20 different add-ons? My site loads faster. If I had added that much on IPB it would be crawling.

6. Prefixes are awesome. Was using tag/prefix mod at IPB.

Off course, I feel some features are missing in XF compare to IPB but the other benefits outweigh them.

Looking forward for new releases at XF once lawsuit is settled. Was hesitant a bit for conversion first but after using it I feel the money is well worth spend. Started using XF after 6 months of purchase.
    Kim, SchmitzIT, Adshi and 10 others like this.
  2. Bapun Raz

Bapun Raz Guest

Thanks for sharing bro. It will be really helpful for us to decide whether to go with xF or not. :) Me too noticed xF is faster than other forum softwares. ;)
    hellreturn likes this.
  3. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Good to hear you and your users are enjoying the change!