My user complaints in a thread... Entertaining reading!

Oldengine

Three pages and growing!

Last edited:
There used to be an issue in XF software with blurred out screens that caused headaches and eye strain. At first it was dismissed as drama by users reading but some of those users ended up apologizing and adding to the complaint. XF listened (not laughed) and fixed.

You should not be dismissing you user complaints and offering it up to us as humor. I would not want to join any site you owned after seeing this.

I hope you find this constructive.

Last edited:
lol, you've got your users trying to change their system settings to black and white and getting them to bump up their brightness through the roof to try and fix the problem instead of addressing it on your end, all while some of them explain that some users have decided to go the facebook route these days instead. It's like you're trying to drive them away.

Why don't you just buy a nice professionally designed theme and let them select it as a secondary option? Or if money is tight there's still plenty of lovely free themes in the resource manager.

Use the great built user selectable style system and keep them happy. Some of them seem to think your colour scheme is how it ships.

Or if you're really attached to your contrasty one, perhaps install a more pleasant one as a default for the masses, and you can use your contrasty one for your personal use.

Yes. It has that "been sleeping and someone turns on the lights" effect. Maybe not to you, or to everyone. But to some.

OT: It would also benefit from the home page being a xenforo page with a few widgets as a portal.

Last edited:
Your colour contrast is terrible and your avatar on this site is borderline unreadable. I've not seen a repeated background since the early 90s, maybe you need to change things up?

Three pages and growing!

just give your members an option to switch to default xenForo style. even better switch your forum back to default style.
I understand your desire to create a unique and stunning looking forum, but... you're not good at that.

I had a nice grey site for awhile. Dark grey page bg, and light grey text area. Neutral greys all over. Could fit your smoke theme, and never had a complaint.

Top Bottom