My intro and first XF site.

drastic

Hey guys,

I've been a webmaster/affiliate marketer since about 2003 affiliate programs with both custom CMS, WordPress, Tube Scripts, social media knock offs, Traffic trading programs, other forum scripts we won't mention, and finally XF.

Some sites I worked on had upwards of 350k visitors per day, down to 350 per day (like now LOL) and the topic span ranges from humor to public adjusting to video games...etc.

I've decided to take a content based WordPress site and import it (manually, like a digital slave), 100% using XenForo as the base of the site. I figured 1) this can't load any slower than WordPress, and 2) clearly it has comments built in, so no more offsite fb/disquss comments - I want everything in house as much as possible.

My experience so far has been nothing short of amazing. The few people I've spoken to are extremely helpful.

@Russ from PixelExit got his fair share of support requests and is awesome at helping me sort things out. They were so helpful that I hired them for a custom setup and they did an awesome job.

Finding the ExtraPortal addon by @ExtraLicense was like striking gold in a silver mine. Simply awesome and let's my present my content in a blog like fashion while fishing for new members/contributors.

So basically, I'd like to thank XenForo and the people here for not sucking.

Here's my first XF site, custom design by @Russ and PixelExit.

We're still trying to align the content on the ExtraPortal video content, and we will definitely find a solution, but so far - I love the way this came out.

Any suggestions you have are greatly welcomed!

http://www.crankers.com
totally safe for work!

Nice site. I like the scrolling header, but the link to register doesn't scroll down with it. Maybe you can try to fix that in to so people see always the option to login or register? I hope your site does very well :)

Looks good. Only thing I see... your troll is squished. :p

Your troll:
node-sprite.png

Original (at 34px in height)
trolll.png

LOL thanks @Sheldon !

btw - does anyone know how to force a clearing of the full cache? my troll guy still shows an old image on mobile, but fine on the pc. thx

Top Bottom