My first xenforo error comes after using IE8 for 15 minutes.

Digital Doctor

I've blocked IE7 from updating to IE8 on most of my boxes.
On a new PC, I thought I'd try Internet Explorer 8.
and low and behold.

an error !

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)
Timestamp: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 02:49:22 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 23791
Code: 0
URI: http://xenforo.com/community/js/tinymce/tiny_mce.js?_v=64ebcde8[/QUOTE]

IE is fail. IE8 is fail.

Did you mean to post this in the bug reports?

Thread title says "xenforo error comes after using IE8 for 15 minutes"

I can't stand IE either... I know for a friends forum. A lot of people had problems and had to stop using it.

IE is just.. grr... It's too bad it comes stock with Windows. I wish FF or something else came along with it. Otherwise users, who don't know much about browser assume IE is the only browser.

Oddly enough, the majority of internet users seem to use IE since it comes preinstalled on Windows. It sucks that IE is not willing to work wel with the advancements we currently see with the internet. For example, xenForo looks much better on firefox due to a few things that work well on FF but not on IE. Rounded corners is one for starters.

Recently and regarding my test styling work IE has been a pain. IE in all it's glory makes me look lazy for when I switch over it looks like I've done nothing to my pages, styles. *shakes fist at IE*

It's here to stay so we all have to live with it.

Is it ?
Internet Explorer Doomed? Market Share Drops Below 50%
http://www.toptechreviews.net/tech-news/internet-explorer-doomed-market-share-drops-below-50/
For the time being it's going to be an important browser.
But I think it's Long Term Prognosis is threatened.

That is a nice and welcomed decline drop in the market share. When they say "below 50%" how much below 50%? I'm not a fan of microsofts internet explorer and would love to see this level of consistency in the market share drop at a steady rate. Maybe we'll see a steady decline in IE8 but we still have IE9 which might very well increase the market share for IE in the future.

Thanks for the link DD.

Top Bottom