my first smart phone

I tend to use Tasker profiles to minimize my battery life drain where possible. It might be marginal but it seems to work OK (and it's automated -yippee!).
  • Profiles to disable wifi unless at home or work (checks via cell towers) - re-enable wifi once every hour if disabled to check if any free wifi spots are available
  • Profiles to enable BT when I leave my wifi network (i'll be on my way out). If BT doesn't connect to a receiver within 5 minutes of being enabled then it's disabled again
  • When connected to my car BT, disable WiFi (no wifi when I'm driving)
Seems to help a little.

Greenify :)

I find that the people who work in the Apple store are quite annoying and overly hyper. I try to avoid the staff and get what I need :p
I agree somewhat with this. I went in to purchase an iMac a few months back (not for myself). I was immediately greeted by an over-friendly advisor asking what I'm after and attempting to give me a tour of all their devices. I told him I came here for the iMac 24" and (after interrupting his speech about how many different devices are on offer) told him I just wanted to be done with it... to which he seemed a little deflated, shuffled off to the back of the store, returned with the iMac and then off I went.

I agree somewhat with this. I went in to purchase an iMac a few months back (not for myself). I was immediately greeted by an over-friendly advisor asking what I'm after and attempting to give me a tour of all their devices. I told him I came here for the iMac 24" and (after interrupting his speech about how many different devices are on offer) told him I just wanted to be done with it... to which he seemed a little deflated, shuffled off to the back of the store, returned with the iMac and then off I went.
At least I'm not alone :p

Haha. Yeah I only have one use for service people. Walked into best buy years ago and they asked if they could help me and I said "Yeah. G50VTX5 quantity of 1 please".

Top Bottom