XF 2.2 My Contact Us button isn't doing any contacting

Stiff

If a poster tries to use the Contact Us button, the note goes into the wild blue yonder. I've masqueraded as a poster and tried:
-when the Contact Us (to) email is different addresses, including xxx@gmail.com and xxx@mywebsite.com
-the different addresses otherwise work ('cos I've tested them)

It's just the Contact Us form....

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If there are no errors in the XF ACP then the email should have been handed off to the server.

Your host will need to check the server mail log to see if there are any issues.

Stiff

Not even Gmail (at the origin, not Apple Mail or Spark) is receiving from the Contact Us button. Gmail receives from my other gmail and website addresses. Just not from the Contact form.

The contact form doesn't connect with Yahoo, either. I used the exact address you are sending my emails to, so I know it works.

Can you suggest another location on the ACP there might be an error?

Last edited:

Muddy Boots

If your on shared hosting - ask your host as its the server problem as per Brogans post

If your on a VPS then a lot of VPS providers block port 25, this will stop php mail from send-off outgoing emails, you need to ask your host to unblock port 25 (if its blocked - and most wont or dont) or use SMPT mail for outgoing emails.

Muddy Boots

As per brogans post if your on a shared server

If there are no errors in the XF ACP then the email should have been handed off to the server.

Your host will need to check the server mail log to see if there are any issues.

And if your on a VPS most providers block port 25 by default so php mail wont work, you need to contact your provider and ask for the port to be unblocked OR use SMPT mail.