1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 1.st try

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by trigon, Apr 7, 2011.

1. trigon

trigon Member

This is my first XF installation, and i have only installed the forum without nay migration.
    The only modification i do, is to change the language.
    If i try to access the "user" register in the acp, i'll always got this error:
    Any solution for this?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is the rest of your installation working?
    What about the front end, making posts, etc?
    Do all the other ACP options work; is it just this one screen?

3. trigon

trigon Member

See my comments in red
    Is the rest of your installation working? YES
    What about the front end, making posts, etc? Testmessage works well, if i use "Member" in the forum, this message comes too,
    if i use the scrolldown to "registered users" this doesn't work, same message, BUT on "current users" & "last activities" it works.
    Do all the other ACP options work; is it just this one screen? If i go to the Startpage, and select "show users", this error comes too & in ACP the "member" folder doesnt work.

4. Brogan

Hmmm, I haven't seen an error of this nature reported before.

My first suggestion would be to upload the files once more to rule out any problems during the FTP process.
    Use the files from the upgrade package to avoid overwriting your config.php file.

Please try that and then carry out the same checks to see what the status is then.

5. trigon

trigon Member

I'll try and report tonight.

6. trigon

trigon Member

uploaded the whole package, started the update, but the same error. Do i need to write a Support Ticket?

7. Brogan

Please do.
    This looks like it might be server configuration.

Who is your host out of interest?

8. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Might be the language file. If you want, attach it to the thread, and I'll check tonight if I can reproduce the error on my system.
    http://star-server.info/

9. Brogan

Hmm yes, it's a possibility.

Try setting the language back to the default.

10. trigon

trigon Member

11. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

I'll test when i come home :)

12. trigon

trigon Member

Done, i wrote a support ticket.

13. trigon

trigon Member

Problem solved, it was like in the Ticket mentioned, an firewall issue from my Host.
    Thank to all for their help.