1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest @mutedTextColor should not be used on both light and dark backgrounds

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by rebelde, Jun 1, 2015.

1. rebelde

rebelde Member

This probably isn't the most pressing problem, but I thought I would report it.

Currently, @mutedTextColor is used for both light and dark backgrounds. It is used on a dark background for the member card.

I was adjusting this for users who want higher contrast. The problem is that making the gray darker helped in most places, but was worse in others.

My recommendation:
    Create @mutedTextColorOnDarkBackground for any muted text on a black background, such as the member card.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean. You can change the color of the property to whatever shows up best.
  3. rebelde

rebelde Member

Well, if the background is white, you can make the text darker to provide more contrast. The problem is that, when the background is dark, making the same color darker reduces the contrast.
  4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the style properties will never be universal as it stands to fit all situations perfectly. You could always lighten all of your overlays.

Oh and regarding the suggestion to be honest I would love to see AWAY with a lot of color palette options.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Amaury likes this.