Must have features that you're waiting to migrate

chulapi

Hi guys,

IMPORTANT: First of all don't forget that you should create your own threads at Suggestions: Tweaks & Small Features or Suggestions: Bigger Features in order to demand for a new feature being added to XenForo.

Even when 1.2 introduced a lot of awesome new stuff, the goal of this topic is to share the features that we need in the core of XenForo before migrating. For example the only one that prevents me from migrating from vB 3.8 is basic album functionality (with likes, comments, and an importer obviously). I need basic album functionality in the core of XenForo.

So what are the features that you're waiting for in order to make the switch to XenForo?

There are a few mods that could do this. I think the resource manager would handle this too with some phrase edits but as for importing, well... U are stuck there. You never said what you are migrating from.

For example the only one that prevents me from migrating from vB 3.8 is basic album functionality (with likes, comments, and an importer obviously). I need basic album functionality in the core of XenForo.
I doubt you'll be migrating from vB 3.8 to Xenforo then.

There are two very good gallery add-ons - Xen Media Gallery (which will have user albums in the next release) and XenGallery (which has user albums now). Why don't you go for one of these?

I can't really see any sort of gallery being built into the core at all, especially now these two gallery add-ons are available.

I can't really see any sort of gallery being built into the core at all, especially now these two gallery add-ons are available.

There was a TMS addon available but XenForo coded its own. There was also a user tagging addon released but XenForo coded its own, too.
So it's perfectly possible that basic user album functionality gets added in the core in a future release as I think it should be part of the core like it was in vB 3.8

There was a TMS addon available but XenForo coded its own. There was also a user tagging addon released but XenForo coded its own, too.
So it's perfectly possible that basic user album functionality gets added in the core in a future release as I think it should be part of the core like it was in vB 3.8

If you decide to start using XenForo now with one of the gallery addons available, I'm sure some of the well known coders will be able to port your images back to XenForo's own gallery when it gets implemented. :)

There's a bit of a difference between smaller functions like tagging and TMS (and the Xenforo one isn't the same, it's for developers, so likely TMS will carry on for standard users) and gallery functionality. I guess it's possible, but I'm betting that they won't and that if that's what you're waiting for in Xenforo, you'll still be waiting for it in 2 years time.

You didn't answer my question of why you wouldn't use Xen Media Gallery or XenGallery? Both are superb add-ons which would give you what you want right now.

Top Bottom