Resource icon

Munin Graph Users / Guests Online 2.2

No permission to download

MattW

MattW submitted a new resource:

Munin Graph Users / Guests Online (version 1.0) - Plot users / guests online on your forum with Munin

This will allow you to use Munin to graph the number of guests / users online on your forum. It's using regex to pull the information from your forum home page (the Users Online Now block).

First, you will need to have Munin installed and working on your server. This isn't a guide on how to install this, so it's it's not already up and running, you'll need to figure how to install and set it up.

Step 1
Create a new file called xenforo_users in your munin plugin directory ( in my...

Read more about this resource...

Would LOVE to use this, but took the text, saved it to a file, made it executable (same properties as all the other modules), edited the site information and it has not ran at all (nothing shows up on my Munin stats page). That is even with me logged in just in case it had to have a user to do it. Any suggestions to look for errors?

Would LOVE to use this, but took the text, saved it to a file, made it executable (same properties as all the other modules), edited the site information and it has not ran at all (nothing shows up on my Munin stats page). That is even with me logged in just in case it had to have a user to do it. Any suggestions to look for errors?
Did you create the symbolic link, and restart munin? Are you seeing the graph (even if it's empty)?

Did you create the symbolic link, and restart munin? Are you seeing the graph (even if it's empty)?

Yep, screenshot from MC below with the one on the left the symlink, the one on the right is the actual file. All other perl modules are showing up, but this doesn't even show anywhere on Munin's status page. I even went so far as to restart the entire VPS. Running on a Debian 6.0 VPS, with Munin set as the default installation routes.

munin1.png

So do you even see the graph inside munin? Are there any errors in the munin logs?
Error output from twowheeldemon_users:
2013/03/17-06:30:07 [4880] <--->syntax error at /etc/munin/plugins/twowheeldemon_users line 63, near "print"
2013/03/17-06:30:07 [4880] <--->syntax error at /etc/munin/plugins/twowheeldemon_users line 68, near "}"
2013/03/17-06:30:07 [4880] <--->Execution of /etc/munin/plugins/twowheeldemon_users aborted due to compilation errors.

After looking at the code, it "looks" like there were some strange characters in the blank lines (strange by they were a period but were almost invisible). I have removed those and am restarting the VPS again to see if that solves it.

Error output from twowheeldemon_users:
2013/03/17-06:30:07 [4880] <--->syntax error at /etc/munin/plugins/twowheeldemon_users line 63, near "print"
2013/03/17-06:30:07 [4880] <--->syntax error at /etc/munin/plugins/twowheeldemon_users line 68, near "}"
2013/03/17-06:30:07 [4880] <--->Execution of /etc/munin/plugins/twowheeldemon_users aborted due to compilation errors.
There are only 64 lines of code in that file, but yours in saying there are errors on line 68. Can you copy / paste the contents of the file in here please?

There are only 64 lines of code in that file, but yours in saying there are errors on line 68. Can you copy / paste the contents of the file in here please?
Think that "may" be the problem.. I cut and pasted from here to there. I just downloaded the text file attachment here, sftp'd it to the site, edited it there and rebooted the VPS.. let's see what that does.

Can't locate object method "new" via package "LWP::UserAgent" at /etc/munin/plugins/twowheel_users line 50.

Is what I'm getting now. Permission error one a directory?

You are missing a perl package. You need to install UserAgent via cpan

http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/libwww-perl-6.05/lib/LWP/UserAgent.pm
Just did an install via aptitude and this is what it pulled
libfont-afm-perl{a} libhtml-format-perl{a} libhtml-parser-perl{a} libhtml-tagset-perl{a} libhtml-tree-perl{a} liblwp-useragent-determined-perl libmailtools-perl{a} liburi-perl{a} libwww-perl{a}
I'm going to assume that the highlighted one is the appropriate debian package for it. Not real comfortable with compiling from remote yet. o_O

I'm not sure TBH, I use CentOS and not debian

It should be... here is the debian descriptor:

libwww-perl (also known as LWP) is a collection of Perl modules that provide a simple and consistent programming interface (API) to the World-Wide Web. The main focus of the library is to provide classes and functions that allow you to write WWW clients. It also contains general purpose modules, as well as a simple HTTP/1.1-compatible server implementation.

>Houston, there is apparently a bug in the editor<....... Just went to add more onto this post and could not add to the last line.

What I was going to say is it IS now showing, but the users amounts are all -nan, and I have myself and two users online for the last 20 minutes. No errors showing in any of the munin logs now.

Think that "may" be the problem.. I cut and pasted from here to there. I just downloaded the text file attachment here, sftp'd it to the site, edited it there and rebooted the VPS.. let's see what that does.

Oooof. Recipe for disaster. I've learned the hard way to do edits locally, double check 'em, then upload them to the server. Modifying things on the fly on a production server only leads down one road. And it's not the scenic route! :ROFLMAO:

Oooof. Recipe for disaster. I've learned the hard way to do edits locally, double check 'em, then upload them to the server. Modifying things on the fly on a production server only leads down one road. And it's not the scenic route! :ROFLMAO:
yeah, I do that for the important stuff... edit it on the Mac, then sftp it to the server and do what else I need to via ssh. Was in a hurry... if I had of pasted it into joe it would have worked, but I did it into the default MC editor - big no-no. :eek:

Well, I know I have everything I need installed, because when I leave your domain listed it pulls your information when ran from a command line. Place my domain (http://twowheeldemon.com) in there and all I get back is the "U", which is apparently indicating that it can't read it. All I have running is xenPorta, but even with disabling it still did not get a response from it. I'll continue and try to muddle my way through it, but by all rights it "should" be working.

If mod_security is running, check your logs. I had to disable a rule in order for Munin to run properly.

If mod_security is running, check your logs. I had to disable a rule in order for Munin to run properly.
Munin is catching all my other stuff (about 23 plugins), and there are not errors in the munin-node log. It makes the screen into munin's html, just cannot pull the data. :( I'll continue digging around in the log files (have already been playing in auth.log, all of munins logs, syslog, etc). The mod_security is not being used on Apache2 at this time.

Top Bottom