Multiple "roots"

Pulec

We recently moved from phpbb and everything is working well. One of the reasons we wanted upgrade to xenForo is, that we wanted create forums for other games.
At the moment the forum is only about Minecraft and its server.
Link : http://forum.majncraft.cz/

Fan pages majncraft.cz are about Minecraft and there is few subdomain like Dwarf fortress at df.majncraft.cz and Goblin Camp at gc.majncraft.cz and others.

Now, I thought I just make Forum "Minecraft" and put all the current categories and forums in it.
And then I make forum "Dwarf Fortress" and categories and forums in it and same with "Goblin Camp" and etc.
So the result would be when you enter forum.majncraft.cz you would just see Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress, Goblin Camp.

I tried making Category and in it forum Minecraft and then putting all the current categories and forums as they are.
Root of forum.majncraft.cz looked as I imagined I could now make another category and Dwarf Fortress forum in it and etc.

BUT, When I clicked the newly created Minecraft forum where were all the categories and forums. Only forums show, without categories and without side panel staff online.

Of course this is normal behavior. But I want normal behavior at Minecraft forum as in root, same for Dwarf Fortress forum and etc.

Its crazy to buy multiple licenses for this little requirement.

Any ideas how to make it?

I will appreciate any help.

It seems to me what you are trying to do would require multiple licenses.

Can multiple domains or subdomains be used with a single license?
Yes, as long as the domains or subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every domain or subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

I was afraid of that
I guess I missed the text: ...and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations.

So could I just make forums divided by categories in forums like on root page?

For example the quickly made copy of current setting looks like this:
http://forum.majncraft.cz/forums/minecraft.54/

Minecraft SMP and Minecraft diskuze are both categories, I would expect their subforums displayed under them, like on root page. It shows some kind of category title but blank. (Or I am not sure how to write something in it.)

Its same in second Minecraft SMP which is forum, only difference is that it shows sub-forums in "stavby", in Minecraft SMP [category] its all in one page.

Here is the pic of the nodes settings:
VSCrj.png

My only goal is to make it nice and well arranged as its now on root page.

EDIT:
I just created the new Dwarf Fortress category and in it "Dwarf Fortress" forum with .../forums/df link, so it could be linked from fan pages easily. I also set new theme with DF logo and everything looks ok now. I will do same for other games, just create category "Another Indie games" and forums in it and it looks quite ok on root page.

I hope there will not be too many subforms in those games, because then the categories would come in quite handy.

Top Bottom