Multiple frontend reverse proxies

Gavo

I haven't been able to activate more than one frontend proxy for my site since upgrading from Xenforo V1.5. (round robin type setup)

I get 'to many re-direct' problems in chrome with exact same proxy setups/configs added.

If I get the 2nd IP to access the site I am no longer logged in until I am served the 1st IP. Then if I’m served the 1st IP again I'm no longer logged in after re-logging in using the 2nd IP.

This wasn’t a problem before upgrading from Xenforo1.5 the setup worked perfectly. Is there some easy way to stop IP session validation or make Xenforo compatible with round robin?

Is there some easy way to stop IP session validation or make Xenforo compatible with round robin?
Not an expert with XF internals specifically, but we have many front proxies and many XF instances, and this all works without any issue in that regard.

My understanding is that sessions are stored either locally by default (which is indeed bad if you don't ensure stickiness of user:instance routing) or in Redis/Memcached (I would suggest never using any of the other cache providers, fwiw).
For the latter, you might want to look at this https://xenforo.com/docs/xf2/cache/#session-caching

Though the part about "too many redirects" seems like a separate issue. I'd first check if the redirects come from your proxy(ies) or from XF itself and go from there.

I have dropped Nginx reverse proxy, I just cant get 2 working with round robin. Apache Proxy seems to work better but I havent added 2 to the live forum yet.

Top Bottom