Multiple Desktops: Recommendations

Saeed

Hi guys. :)

I have been feeling lately the need of multiple (virtual) desktops for my Windows 7 desktop at home. At times, things just get too much cluttered with too many files or windows on the desktop, so I've been thinking of installing something of the sort lately.

There are plenty of software out there that do the job, but I thought I'd ask you guys if you had experience with any? Any recommendations? :)

Linux is one obvious solution, unless you have some specific software requirements that work only on Windows and has no alternatives available in Linux. There are not much such cases though but if you use Adobe products reularly then you might look for another solution. :-)

I prefer Windows, i used linux for 1 year and my experience was good, but the incompatibility made me go back to the windows, on the mac is excellent, but I chose the compatibility windows

Thank you for your suggestions, guys.:)

I do realize that Linux offers much more in this area. However, at the moment I'm afraid changing OS's is not much of an option for me. That is why I thought I'd ask whether anyone had any experience with any solutions for Windows based systems. :)

If you have enough memory in your machine, why don't you try some of the current Linux desktops in a virtual machine and once you feel that you can migrate to it then that's the time. :-)

If you have enough memory in your machine, why don't you try some of the current Linux desktops in a virtual machine and once you feel that you can migrate to it then that's the time. :)
Actually, that is exactly the plan. Obviously, it's going to be a gradual change. :D

Though, at times, crazy shifts at the hospital don't allow much free time. When pushed to multi-tasking with limited time, sometimes you feel the urge to "wipe up" your desktop with a single click. ;)

Top Bottom