Multiple Account Detection

Mouth

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/multiple-account-detection.6373/ ...

Description:
This modification sets a special cookie which is not cleared on logout and tracks which accounts are used on the same computer and browser. The idea is mostly similar to the Multiple account login detector (AE Detector) vBulletin modification.

... http://xenforo.com/community/threads/multiple-account-detection.6373/page-6#post-331130

Would be great if a developer would pick this up to publish it to the RM and maintain it. Please :)

This add-on is a must (y)
it lacks the function to send an email to the first person account
to check if the account is not hacked

Seconded, this type of add-on is so very useful during bun fights to to spot those who want to re-register and cause issues. Be good if it was actively being developed (or, as suggested previously, enhanced with ever-cookies).

Same here, it's a useful add-on which I would use again. Also agree with the OP that it would be nice to see this built into the core.

Even better, how about it be included in XF core functionality? :)

Has this been suggested to be added into the core, Mouth? If not, might be worthwhile suggesting it and I 100% agree it'll be great if this was ever added in the core.

Has this been suggested to be added into the core, Mouth? If not, might be worthwhile suggesting it and I 100% agree it'll be great if this was ever added in the core.

Other than within this topic, no. Not sure where/how is the appropriate place for core suggestions?

Other than within this topic, no. Not sure where/how is the appropriate place for core suggestions?

I think this area http://xenforo.com/community/forums/suggestions-tweaks-small-features.18/ would be a good alternative area. I too would like to see the add-on further developed don't get me wrong, I'd use it. I think I'd much rather (if there's a remote possibility of it being accommodated) prefer seeing it as part of xenforo now that you mentioned it in your 2nd post but either way (add-on or core) is good with me if this has any chance of being revived.Hopefully it will because it's an add-on I used in the early days and also when I used VB.

Edit: Apologies if I misread your post which I think I have done.

Is it not working? Would you like to see some features added?
Thanks for your interest :)
Yes, it currently works great. Primarily I'm hoping a developer takes 'ownership' of it so that it doesn't get 'lost' with not being published in the RM and not being maintained. Would be very disappointing for v1.2 to come out and this add-on stops working and there not being a developer who owned it and could possibly take a look at making it working again.

For added features, would be great to see these;
i) agree with 14DH01's post about it having the ability to email the first person account to notify them of the add-ons action (detection, ban, manual approval)
ii) when it creates a new thread, the thread title to also include the usernames that it detected, eg. "Multiple Accounts - user1 and user2" as well as the ability to define the userID that creates the thread instead of it being the 'old' detected userID
iii) have the option to create a new post in an existing thread, instead of creating a new thread for every detection
iv) utilise evercookie since it's much harder to eliminate
v) option to add the user to a defined usergroup (from which you can then put them on moderation instead of awaiting approval, set a user title, or apply a range of different permissions/privileges, etc.

Is it not working? Would you like to see some features added?
yes add detection ip for example I guess this addon does not work if cookies were emptied.​
for the first email account:​
Connection notification to your account site.com:​
Hello,​
user_name​
We will send this email after a successful connection​
your interface acompte.​
Customer ID: user_name_2​
IP Connect: 81.67.188.247​
Connect time: 2013-05-08 1:29:03 p.m.​
if you have given your ID to another person please prevent the webmaster.​

yes add detection ip
No, that would be irresponsible. Too many corporate and educational network configurations mean that you would get very many false positives since they would appear to come from the same IP address. IP detection is just not suitable for this.

Thanks for your interest :)
Yes, it currently works great. Primarily I'm hoping a developer takes 'ownership' of it so that it doesn't get 'lost' with not being published in the RM and not being maintained. Would be very disappointing for v1.2 to come out and this add-on stops working and there not being a developer who owned it and could possibly take a look at making it working again.

Will talk to our team to see if this is something we would like pursue. I can tell you this though, I use this on my site and it is quite a necessary tool for us so at the very least, I will always make sure it works ;)

Top Bottom