Lack of interest Multi site installation / shared database

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

SneakyDave

This would REALLY be a time saver for me, if there was some way to configure XenForum for multiple sites, with either different databases for each, or maybe even the same database potentially.

The key would be one code base (although I wouldn't mind paying for multiple licenses or a discount on a 5 license package) that needs maintained. I wouldn't even mind if the add on system forced me to use the same addons across all the sites, and the CSS could be separated for each instance.

Might be a lot of work this late in the game, but maybe for version 2.0, 5.0, or whatever the naming convention is going to be used?

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It is something that we have considered. There are issues and as yet, we do not have a satisfactory solution. That said, we are not even close to trying to implement something like this, even if we did have a plan ;)

It is something that we have considered. There are issues and as yet, we do not have a satisfactory solution. That said, we are not even close to trying to implement something like this, even if we did have a plan ;)
If you added it, most big boards that are part of a network would likely convert.

yeah, this will be like 'a dream come true' ... :)
Yes, it would. Federation would be a huge plus.
thumb-gif.948

I will surely get more licenses when I afford them. :)
Thanks for listening to us.

Just out of curiosity, what would those issues be?

Man, taht would be awesome. Imagine a file that contains all your settings etc. The on the new system, just import and be done...

SSO would be awesome if it actually works across multiple domains on one physical server, because you could potentially use that for logins to other non-XenForo software.

Implement a One Click App System and share the revenues with other developers if you have to get it done

... the developers win, XF wins and the customers win ... otherwise we are all losers. :)

I once had vb3.x.x with a dual domain cross login pluggin feature custom made for me to integrate with joomla.... BAD!! Though this is a great idea it should be on the back burner until a safe stable way to do this is discovered (unless there is one that I don't know about) I had Horrible nightmares for weeks after that.

Glad to hear it's at least being considered :)

I vote for it being possible, for those who purchase a company or enterprise license.
Sounds like something to consider for version 2.0 when the company has a bit more experience under its' belt.

I can imagine buying a single license that grants me permission to run it on my company domains. Which I can register in a form via the client-area.

Top Bottom