Add-on Multi-Quote, just like the one from vBulletin

Kacee

I'm looking for someone who can code an add-on for xenForo that add the multi-quote function which is working just like the one from vBulletin, with some added features:

- Multi-Quote button in each post that won't bring the screen to quick reply box.
- Page switching possible (remember which posts have been selected)
- Thread dependance (member can select posts to quote in multiple thread, that only add to the reply box in that particular thread)
- Selected posts stay saved for customizable time, preferable in cookie.
- Maybe some more small features, I'll add later.

Please send me your quote via PM. This is the first request from me, I'm switching a large board to xenForo so if you are competent and interested, I will have a lot of jobs for you in the next 2-3 months.

- Selected posts stay saved for customizable time, preferable in cookie.
Would these go away after a successful post to the thread in question ?
or else if you reply to the thread again (within the time frame) wouldn't the selected posts quote again ?

- Thread dependance (member can select posts to quote in multiple thread, that only add to the reply box in that particular thread)
Why is this needed ?
For this example: I go to thread 1 and multi-quote 2 posts but I don't Reply to the thread, and then go to thread 2 and multi-quote two posts and then reply to thread 2. You want the only Thread 2 multi-quotes to show up in thread 2 ... and the ability to go back to thread 1 and Reply to that thread, with the multi-quotes still waiting for you there ?
Seems like alot of work. What about when you click multiquote in thread X, the multiquotes in all other threads but thread X are erased ?

Would these go away after a successful post to the thread in question ?
or else if you reply to the thread again (within the time frame) wouldn't the selected posts quote again?

Yes, those will need to go away.

Why is this needed ?
For this example: I go to thread 1 and multi-quote 2 posts but I don't Reply to the thread, and then go to thread 2 and multi-quote two posts and then reply to thread 2. You want the only Thread 2 multi-quotes to show up in thread 2 ... and the ability to go back to thread 1 and Reply to that thread, with the multi-quotes still waiting for you there ?
Seems like alot of work. What about when you click multiquote in thread X, the multiquotes in all other threads but thread X are erased ?
It's needed for convenience reason. And yes, you understand it right.

From my limited experience. I don't think it need much work to make this happen. But I might be wrong.

However, I'm up for any suggestion, anything that helps make this happen easier is fine.

I need this as well. I don't have any major requirements, just an easy way for a person to reply to multiple posts/quotes in one message without having to copy and past each individual quote separately.

A way to use the mouse to select the text to quote then a pop-up box would allow you to tick a box. This could be done for just a single page but even better would be the ability to do this on multiple pages in the thread.

I use quoteme, its by far he best quoting mod. members can select the actual text they want to quote from eac post and multiple posts just as is needed in the mod you request

Top Bottom