Resource icon

Moving xenForo SideBar from Right to Left

M@rc

M@rc submitted a new resource:

Moving xenForo SideBar from Right to Left (version 1.0) - CSS to move the xenForo sidebar from right to left ( screenshot included )

Just add the following CSS to EXTRA.css

Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Styles & Templates -> Templates ( make you it's the correct style ) -> EXTRA.css

Add the contents below and save :

Code:
.mainContainer
{
float: right;
margin-left: -{xen:calc '@sidebar.width + 10'}px;
        margin-right: 0px;
width: 100%;
}

.mainContent
{
margin-left: {xen:calc '@sidebar.width + 10'}px;
                margin-right: 0px;
}

.sidebar
{
@property...

Read more about this resource...

This is great. I prefer my site's sidebar on the left but the user info bar remains on the right and when I try to move it, it looks crappy in old versions of IE.

I used this css code with widget framework to see how it looked. Didn't like it, removed the lines of css code again and after saving my style is messed up. Back to the right it seems that the margins are completely wrong.

Anybody else experiencing this?

I used this css code with widget framework to see how it looked. Didn't like it, removed the lines of css code again and after saving my style is messed up. Back to the right it seems that the margins are completely wrong.

Anybody else experiencing this?

I experienced the same thing. Just put it into extra.css, tried it and deleted it, and somehow it screwed up the space between my sidebar and everything else. How is this even possible?

I ended up having to put this in my extra.css to fix whatever this did.

Code:
.mainContainer {padding-right: 7px;}

I was hoping to figure out how to move the sidebar to the left just on certain pages. In my case, I want to move it to the left on Showcase item pages in Bobster's Showcase add-on. Any ideas?

You can also do it via the stylevars system which automatically updates your templates.

I feel like an idiot, but what is the stylevars system? Is that the Style Properties?

Does anyone know how I could move the sidebar to the left everywhere except my main forum home page, or just move it to the left in one template and leave the others to the right? Can I somehow wrap the sidebar in that template with a different class or something?

Top Bottom