Moving to Xenforo

RenoOSB

I run the Offshorebettor2.com website (currently on Vbulletin). I am wondering what options
should I consider adding thinking about the media gallery. I will be using Xenforo professional
installation. Is there a professional option for them to import my data base from Vbulletin 4?

I am also considering using A2host for the site. Do I need to do any special configuration? My site is small
and I was thinking about the Shared Hosting Turbo plan.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

There is no blogs add-on for XenForo 2.0 right now so all blogs from vBulletin will be converted into threads.
Is there a professional option for them to import my data base from Vbulletin 4?
There is none from what I last checked in the optional add-on(s). So you'll have to look for someone who could migrate it for you here. and I'm pretty sure whoever is going to migrate vBulletin to XenForo will do a free installation of XenForo for you.

I am also considering using A2host for the site. Do I need to do any special configuration? My site is small
and I was thinking about the Shared Hosting Turbo plan.
If you're site is about off-shore content (which I believe it is after looking at the domain name) then you're better of going with a host that provides Singapore/South Korean servers if majority of your members/visitors are from SEA if not then I'm not sure.

Hello,

There are third party providers who are also XF customers who can do these kinds of imports for you, but generally they're fairly easy.

One thing at the moment with regards to the Gallery is that you would have to perform the forum and gallery import using XF 1.5 and XFMG 1.1 in the first instance and then upgrade to XF 2.0. Upgrading is fairly painless, though.

Most hosts should be sufficient, though we'd recommend you review our requirements and download the requirements test script https://xenforo.com/buy/. You'll need to manually verify if your MySQL version is greater than 5.5.

Hello,

There are third party providers who are also XF customers who can do these kinds of imports for you, but generally they're fairly easy.

One thing at the moment with regards to the Gallery is that you would have to perform the forum and gallery import using XF 1.5 and XFMG 1.1 in the first instance and then upgrade to XF 2.0. Upgrading is fairly painless, though.

Most hosts should be sufficient, though we'd recommend you review our requirements and download the requirements test script https://xenforo.com/buy/. You'll need to manually verify if your MySQL version is greater than 5.5.

Just so I am clear, the xenforo 2.0 does not currently support importing from vbulletin 4? (We dont currently have a gallery so that would be a new feature for me,)

There is no blogs add-on for XenForo 2.0 right now so all blogs from vBulletin will be converted into threads.

Thats fine, not an issue

There is none from what I last checked in the optional add-on(s). So you'll have to look for someone who could migrate it for you here. and I'm pretty sure whoever is going to migrate vBulletin to XenForo will do a free installation of XenForo for you.

Thanks, I appreciate the tip.

If you're site is about off-shore content (which I believe it is after looking at the domain name) then you're better of going with a host that provides Singapore/South Korean servers if majority of your members/visitors are from SEA if not then I'm not sure.

Majority of my users are from North America.

Just so I am clear, the xenforo 2.0 does not currently support importing from vbulletin 4? (We dont currently have a gallery so that would be a new feature for me,)
In that case, ignore what I said :)

You can import vBulletin 4 directly into XenForo 2.0, just not the gallery. As the gallery would be new, that won't pose an issue.

Top Bottom