I was working with my ODSC style and did the modifications using TMS. The last step would not apply (for the arrow change only). Although I was only doing a TMS "replacement" function somehow the original template got modified (no idea how).
When I did the "difference" comparison, it shows "no changes" to the template (original vs final). The modifications did in fact switch the userbit location, but by altering the original templates. So I removed the TMS modifications on the relevant templates (message.css, message_user_info.css, quickreply.css).
Back to the basics:
1) my_forum/install > rebuild master data
2) styles > create new style > (no parent) > called it master style because it will match the master data
3) switch forum to master style > refresh page > userbit is back on the left
4) verify master style code with original code in mod by Russ, everything matches correctly
5) this confirms that the master style data is good
Now in my ODSC style, how do I reset the relevant templates? I can see the code itself is wrong (ie left and right is swapped), but there is no red highlight to the tab to illustrate the change. If I go and edit the templates they will show up as edited. I want them to match original master code and then do the change via TMS (TMS naming provides easy documentation). I have numerous working TMS mods that I need to keep.
A cut and paste from a master template (into matching ODSC template) will still show as template change, will it not?