XF 1.5 Moving from test to live

emcvay

OK, so I've completed the conversion from phpnuke to xenforo using a test subdomain and now have pushed all the xenforo files to the main site and figured I could just copy over the config file and begin using the site....but it didn't quite work ;)

So I thought maybe I could use the install software with the site to get it running. It saw the database that I was using and the original config I brought over from the test domain and I got this:
1508765876211.webp
Now, that's not too scary since it gives me the option to check or not check to remove the data....but the question is this: if I hit Begin Installation without the checkmark what happens?

And, since I moved the config file over, was there anything else I needed to get the site running? I just uploaded the xenforo files and pushed the config from the test site to the main site.

Thanks

Now, that's not too scary since it gives me the option to check or not check to remove the data....but the question is this: if I hit Begin Installation without the checkmark what happens?

It'll give you an error. You'll probably just want to delete your library/config.php file and create a new database so you can still reference your test install if you need to :)

The only issue I've seen so far besides some images I need to move over is the Twitter integration keeps returning the test site address for some reason. Shown here:
1508776369831.webp
The xenf-test URL is the test site URL and it should now be just dartplayer.net

Thoughts?

Top Bottom