Moving from MyBB to XenForo

avi

Hi all :)

I have a forum running mybb & I have decided to switch to xenforo. I have many doubts will go by one by one.

Is there any URL redirection script ? from old Mybb forums to new xF ?

Thank you :)

There isn't an official importer or redirection scripts for MyBB.
Your only choices at the moment are to go via vB or IPB

Which importers/converters are available?
As of 29 August 2011, there were the following importers available:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

The pre-sales FAQ I linked to above contains screenshots of what is imported from vB into XenForo.

It will also depend on what is imported from MyBB to vB.

Thanks for the quick reply !

Here is my next question :

My forum is about books & novels. So every member gets a extra tab in profile where they can have bookshelf of shelfari.

usually shelfari widget comes with a unique ID. So in profile tab, it should take that id & show the widget. Is it possible with Xenforo ?

-adding extra tab
-asking users to enter some no.
-display the widget based on number entered

Hope I am clear with this.

Thanks in advance :)

I made a plugin to show an extra profile tab, So yes, it's possible. via plugin, or template mod.
custom user fields is also supported in 1.1 of xenforo.

^thank you floris :)

Can I have stars or any group image under username, different colors for usergroups, show info like registration date, likes received / given and custom user field.

I need custom user field so that members can mention which book they are reading currently etc.

^Thank you !

Don't want to create another thread, only one last question. As official IPB converter is out now, so if I mybb > IPB > xF will I be loosing passwords ?

Passwords are retained from IPB to XenForo.

I couldn't say for any preceding imports using other software though, you will need to ask on the respective forums.

Top Bottom