Moving a existing site from IP Board to Xenforo

KC Riley

Right now I'm in the process of re-launching a forum that was taken offline a year ago. I was excited to jump onto IPS 4 until I've played with the IPS 4 suite. I have to admit that IPS 4 really is nothing like I hoped it would have been.

- The Design of the responsive sites are downright fugly
- The responsive design increases the amount of perpetual scooping required to view the site and ad's.
- The use of pull down menu replaces much easier tab based navigation. The Join link is burried in the pull down tab making hard for new users to find the join button for the site
- The text editor is subpar with little features for moblie users to hold text or format their posts. They promised a new text editor in IP4 but the editor still has many of the short commings of the old editor. The IPS text editor is nowhere near as easy to use as or as powerful as Xenforo's.
- Fiends are gone, the new IP store replacement for Nexus is hard to tell it's a store. It's a step backwards in many ways.

I'm considering switch over to Xenforo. I have move over user accounts and post from the previous site.

What would be involved in moving over a medium sized IPS 3.4 site from Invision to Xenforo?

Top Bottom