XF 1.1 Moved threads in database--need to reindex search?

Wildcat Media

I'm moving some threads around using the database since we do not yet have a mass move feature. Plus, since I am eliminating some little-used forum areas, I have used the database to assign a thread prefix ID based on node ID. As there were 990 threads, I was not about to go all carpal tunnel on them and do it manually. :D

Here is the problem: the prefix is created properly, it shows up on the posts, works properly as a filter when I click on it...but if I do an advanced "Threads & Posts" search using a known good search term (which exists in the post text), and limit my search to that particular prefix, the matching posts do not show up.

So am I correct in thinking that once I am done assigning prefixes in the database (vs. editing the thread directly), that I will need to reindex the search engine? Luckily I can reindex during off-peak hours.

Still sorting the trainwreck of node, user and usergroup permissions, but that is due more to vB's clumsy system and the mess it created. Have spent a couple of hours on it already (with a lot of careful testing). May have questions--will post separately if so. Just one of the casualties of convering a forum with nearly 8 million posts. :D

I reindexed overnight, and now it is working as expected.

BTW, I created a Bookmarks tab in the navbar, which lists all of our important thread prefixes and links to them...works nice!

Top Bottom