Move search bar next to top breadcrumb

Trombones13

(Figured I'd start a new thread for this rather than put it with my last question, since it's easier for people to search and find later if they need it.)

I'd like to move my search bar from its default position to sitting just right of the top breadcrumb, with a few pixels of space between. See below for a mockup:
View attachment 28797

Any ideas on how to move it? I have a suspicion that something like a float class similar to the use in this thread would do it, but I'm stuck with what to do in the templates.

You could try playing around with this code in search_bar.css:
Code:
#QuickSearch
    {
        display: block;

position: absolute;
        right: 20px;
        top: -18px;

margin: 0;

border-radius: 5px;
        padding-top: 5px;
        _padding-top: 3px;
        z-index: 7500;
    }

You could try playing around with this code in search_bar.css:
Code:
#QuickSearch
    {
        display: block;

position: absolute;
        right: 20px;
        top: -18px;

margin: 0;

border-radius: 5px;
        padding-top: 5px;
        _padding-top: 3px;
        z-index: 7500;
    }
:) I'm able to move the search bar down with that, but I'm not sure about getting the breadcrumb to "shrink" to fit it horizontally (the search bar currently covers it up).

:) I'm able to move the search bar down with that, but I'm not sure about getting the breadcrumb to "shrink" to fit it horizontally (the search bar currently covers it up).
Try looking through your style properties for a breadcrumb class. I currently don't have access to my forum(away from my home PC), but I'm sure there's a way you could change it to fit your needs ;)

You led me toward the right path; I eventually figured it out by using xen:calc in EXTRA.css. Thanks! :)

Forget the visitor / member I started talking about, move it up for all is fine.

Would it be possible to share the details of how you accomplished this?

-----

Update: Got it done, all set!

Last edited:
Top Bottom