Move partial XF forum to another site

Andy.N

I have XF running on one domain. Plan to get another licence and move a the private forums part to another domain.
Anyone can give me some outline of what the steps should be?

1) Create another database on the new server
2) Install XF on the /forum/ folder there
3) Run installation.
4) Import???? Do I have to move files and database from the existing installation here first?

You can't import a XenForo installation into XenForo.

You could copy the database and then remove the unwanted parts: members, forums, threads, etc.

That's about it yes, if you want to retain a portion of the original site/database.

Don't forget to update the Board URL, email address, home page, Facebook App, etc. in the ACP.

Shouldn't there be a way to import from other XenForo databases? If someone were to purchase another forum ran by XF and decides to merge the two... right now this isn't possible.

The error seems to be suggesting the username or password in your WordPress config file is incorrect.
I don't use WP so all I can suggest is you double check the details.

As I said, the WP is installed on the root and I have no problem with WP working
I installed XF under /forum/ and when i go to domain/forum/, that's the error I see.

I begin to think that the virtual environment we use is not set up for Xenforo yet. Xenforo is something they don't support, I believe
http://www.jumpbox.com/library/Discussion Forums
Than its wordpress proxy error if you use that. its defo an wordpress error.

Unfortunately, deleting a forum won't delete the posts, they will still remain in the database (there's an open bug report about this).

You also can't delete a user group to remove members and posts.
Deleting a user group will just make any members which have that group as their primary revert to the Registered user group.

Delete a member doesn't also delete their posts - they remain and the user title is changed to Guest.

It would all have to be done manually.

Unfortunately, deleting a forum won't delete the posts, they will still remain in the database (there's an open bug report about this).

You also can't delete a user group to remove members and posts.
Deleting a user group will just make any members which have that group as their primary revert to the Registered user group.

Delete a member doesn't also delete their posts - they remain and the user title is changed to Guest.

It would all have to be done manually.
This is the first time your answer disappointed me greatly, Paul :(

You are telling me to manually delete about 10K of my users? The usergroup I want to purge members is Registered.

There must be better ways to do this, either via tools in upcoming versions or 1.1?
Or SQL queries?

Top Bottom