Move one vBulletin forum using vbSEO to new XF site

jdeg

I have one forum (and it's sub-forums) on a vBulletin install with vbSEO that I would like to move to an entirely new XF site. I wanted to make sure I have to process down before I start moving things.
  1. Copy database to new XF site
  2. Import everything
  3. Prune other forums and users that are not needed
  4. Write redirects from original site to new site using modified version of http://tools.geekpoint.net/xfseo/ (modified to include an individual forum)

Is there anything I'm missing? Has anyone done this successfully?

Right, but I haven't seen anyone move an individual forum of a site to an entirely new site while leaving the other forums on the origin site in tact.
My test forum is an example of that.
I have my VB forum at mysite.com/forum.
I imported it to mydomain.net/forum, as an XF forum.
It's fully functional but password protected, search engines cannot find it.

As soon as I'll be ready to setup XF as mysite.com/forum I'll do it without pain.

That is an option when importing.

If you are importing into a new installation with no existing data, you can retain the existing IDs for imported users, forums, threads etc., so that thread 345 from your import source will map to thread 345 in your XenForo database. If you have existing XenForo data, this will fail.

That is an option when importing.
That doesn't really match if you have deleted threads. Should the "main forum" that is created by default stay when you import or delete it? I've imported and the IDs changed and I was told that it's normal and the redirects would take care of that by the log that is created when importing.

Top Bottom