XF 1.3 Move from Subdomain to Root?

Hentai

Right now my forum is hosted on beta.URL.com and I would like to move it to URL.com.

It would be simple enough to move the files around on my server or just make a .htaccess file but my main concern is fixing the internal links that are in the forum and updating them with the new URL.

Is there any way to scrape the forum content, maybe a SQL query or something that I can mass update my posts?

If you have an .htaccess redirect in place, you don't have to.
However, you can run a simple query should you wish.

Code:
UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message,'current_content','new_content');

Hey there, I know this is an old-ish thread but for anyone facing the same situation as me in the future they may find this useful....

I was migrating from a forum hosted on a VPS (let's call it oldforum.com/bb) to an entirely new AWS-based instance. For the new instance i called it xenforo.oldforum.com/bb, and built the new xenforo setup and subdomain there so I could test it out and practice the importing procedure several times.

When I finally finished migration, cutting it over was as simple as changing the basic xenforo board options to point to to oldforum.com/bb and pointing DNS from the old VPS to the new AWS IP. No issues at all. I also left the xenforo.oldforum.com subdomain DNS in place, but I didn't bother with redirects because nobody else used that test subdoman anyway.

Top Bottom