Most Posts

Most Posts 1.6

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Most Posts - Displays a Most Posts sidebar block.

Description:

Displays a Most Posts sidebar block.

Live example:

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/

(Example of Most Posts in the sidebar)

View attachment 107036

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 107037

(Example of User Group Permissions)

View attachment 107038

Features:
  • All phrases start with mostposts_ for your convenience.
Installation:
  1. Download...

Read more about this resource...

I like this.. Would it be possible to exclude (or include) only certain forums in the post count?

Andy, I am giving this addon a try along with Sidebar Positions.

The results on the forum home block where it shows the user icons with the number, one of the last ones shown is not a member and acts strangely when hovered.

(edited to correct myself as I found the phrases for the block title.)

Last edited:
@AndyB

Really like this addon.

Do you have a suggestion on how I can modify the query to pass over any member in the banned status?

Otherwise this and most likes are awsome!
(my most likes modified to represent most ratings instead now)

Figured it out. Feel free to integrate.

First find in /library/Andy/MostPosts/ControllerPublic/Forum.php
Code:
WHERE xf_post.post_date >= ?

And change it to look like the following
Code:
WHERE xf_post.post_date >= ? AND is_banned = 0

Upload and see the banned no more. :)

(also works for Most Likes)

Last edited:
Andy thanks for this fantastic add-on (and the most likes too), i use memcache and DragonByte Optimise, any way to move to the cache the query that the add-on do ?

Maybe is posible add a time to live option in most posts and most likes ACP option page, move the query execution to cron and put the result (for example every hour) in the xenforo registry ?

Excuse my broken English

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
AndyB updated Most Posts with a new update entry:

See description

On Jan 1, 2016 version 1.4 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection vulnerability. If you are still using a version of this add-on which is below 1.4 or released before Jan 1, 2016 then it is essential that you update to the latest version of the add-on as soon as possible to fix this security issue. If you have any further questions, please ask.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just watch this addon to learn. May someone explain me how Route/Prefix/MostPosts.php is called?
There is nothing in the XML.
Nothing in the Listener.
Nothing in Forum.php

From where XF should know that this file exists?

Am I correct in assuming that there isn't a way for this to work with Widget Framework?
Ever get your answer on this? @AndyB I'm really just looking to identify in my message_user_info template if the user is the highest poster for the month (I'd like to add an icon next to their name if so). Any way to accomplish this?

EDIT: apologies, as it dawned on me that I posted this similar question in this thread. Wasn't intending to spam you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom