Not planned More tools or syntax in signatures

XFA

Hi,

I think it would be nice to have more options on the signature pages to allow for example the possibility to add the stuff we are currently adding through image generator (number of posts, like, trophies, ...).

I dunno what would be the best way for you to do this but having the possibility to embed those information which currently aren't shown in the postbit (and I guess you don't plan on adding them due to the philisophy you are adopting for XF) would be a nicer way than having to use sig generators.

That could be done through bbcode or replacements with buttons in the editor for example ?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not really sure what you are getting at...

think he means signature variables or something, so being able to grab your user information to throw into the sig without using images. I don't want this if I'm interpreting what he's saying ocrrectly

Yep this is what I am talking about.

Currently most of you do this through the sig generator (me included), so why not including this by default ? :)

Actually this isn't a bad idea - Perhaps even include an image generator within the software to relay some of this information or user-specified information.

Well yeah this is partially what I thought. User could therefore pick among different style of generated signature.

Oh yes interesting one ! Including your latest status could also be nice to have.

Anyway if not included as default this could be modded ;)

I would prefer to have some API data available, but Not for signatures .. Querying cached data for widgets and cms pages, and irc commands, etc, very desirable; for irc, we currently have this for vB 3.8:

[12:19] (floris) ??profile martin
[12:19] (chat) Profile for User (id: 1225): martin (irc nick: Martin) joined: April 16th, 2003. And is in usergroup: Members : Premium Users and has made 476 posts. Full profile: http://wetalknation.net/members/martin

I think signatures should be plain text only, displayed in 10pt font with the "muted" class to give them less prominence. (Of course, I'm in the minority on this, I suppose).

I think signatures should be plain text only, displayed in 10pt font with the "muted" class to give them less prominence. (Of course, I'm in the minority on this, I suppose).
That's how I've set the css up on my forum.

I hate it when signatures take up more space and overwhelm the actual content.

Mod.

When you are running your own xenForo, you can take the image-generation script that's out there and make it so it's cached locally.

Top Bottom