Fixed More output is generated

Jake B.

Affected version
Would've updated my old bug report, but I can't seem to find it for some reason. A couple more _output directories are still being generated when the add-on is installed, casing future reinstalls to be quite the nuisance:

• options
  • member_stats
These are all I've noticed so far, will update this as I come across more.

Member stats was identified in the other thread and therefore that should have been fixed.

In fact I audited all of them and only found member stats and template modifications to be affected so I’m surprised to see options mentioned. Though we will check it out again.

Ah, member_stats might have been left over from before I upgraded then, but I definitely had an options directory generate recently as I only downloaded XenPorta today and that's the one it generated for, though it might not have been on install it could've been when I changed the option value. I'll give it another try and pay more attention to it to see about replication steps as I only noticed after reinstalling it :)

Indeed the code I expected to prevent this is in place.

Do you have an example add-on I can test this with, and some reproduction steps?

Alright, tracked down the cause. It doesn't happen on install, seems to be happening when changing an option value and I'm able to reproduce in all add-ons without an _output generated already. Have tested XFMG, XFRM, as well as XenPorta

I think we've sorted this. We've also added some code to prevent the output being written when no values have been changed. I'm sort of in two minds as to whether that's a good change to have made as there may be situations where the previous behaviour was desirable, but without it, this issue wouldn't be totally solved as saving an options page would have generated or re-written the output (mostly unnecessarily) for an entire page of options.

I guess we could just make it apply to only options, but I wanted to cover other output types too at the same time.

I've had a new one pop up again in XFMG and XFRM - both member_stats. Not 100% sure what triggered it as it didn't happen on install, and it's only just popped back up today

@Chris D this still appears to be happening and is causing issues every time we need to install/upgrade XFRM or XFMG :\

Still haven't quite tracked down what is triggering it though

Top Bottom