• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest More advanced usergroup abilities

borgqueenx

Assiging moderators to a usergroup as leader, so they can put users in their usergroups, and remove them again.

This will be way better then it is now...the administrator has to do EVERYTHING unless a moderators has administrator access. but its obvious that that isn't a good solution either.

Biker

The assignment of moderators SHOULD be an administrative function. There is absolutely no way I would allow forum moderators to have the ability to assign additional moderators.

borgqueenx

yes, you are totally right. but im not asking for moderators to appoint moderators? i want the administrator appoint a moderators to be the leader of a usergroup. He can then put people in that usergroup.

Lawrence

Assiging moderators to a usergroup as leader, so they can put users in their usergroups, and remove them again.
I already have this ability on my development site. And the member does not need to be a moderator to do it, any member the administrator assigns to be a leader of a group can add members and remove them from the user group. Right now though, the member can reject being placed into a specific user group (they have no say in being removed from one), changing this so that the leader can place them in a group automatically would be very simple to implement and I may consider adding that option. I have no release date for this add-on as I'm working on other things at the moment.

borgqueenx

hmm...thats too bad that there is no set release date, i could really use that for my guild forum. thanks anyway for giving hope that it might come at some day. would be glad to pay a bit for it, if it has the function to let group leaders place users inside there.

Lawrence

hmm...thats too bad that there is no set release date, i could really use that for my guild forum. thanks anyway for giving hope that it might come at some day. would be glad to pay a bit for it, if it has the function to let group leaders place users inside there.
Well, I do need it for my live site, so it will get completed, most likely after I finish with my shops add-on. Here is a SS of what leaders can do, set by the admin, and a SS of a list of guilds from the front end side:

ss.jpg ss_2.jpg

Lawrence

Any ETA though? :D and plans on a price?
Just depends on how quickly I get my shop add-on completed. For my site that is a priority. I haven't made up my mind yet if it will be free or a paid add-on. If I do ask a price for the roster add-on, I can't see it being more than 15 u.s. dollars.