Monetizing xenForo with no Sidebar on Thread Display

Brent W

Was wondering if anyone has come up with a unique or worthwhile way to monetize their threads without adding a sidebar? On my vBulletin forums a 300x250 and 160x600 in the sidebar paid very well.

What are you all doing that aren't adding a sidebar?

I was thinking about making the sidebar global...still trying to figure out the exact ad set up I want before I go making changes.

For the time being however, I'm using DigitalPoints Ad Position mod and that has definitely helped boost ad revenue. I'm currently using a LR ad with it, but thinking about trying the MR to see how that performs.

I was thinking about making the sidebar global...still trying to figure out the exact ad set up I want before I go making changes.

For the time being however, I'm using DigitalPoints Ad Position mod and that has definitely helped boost ad revenue. I'm currently using a LR ad with it, but thinking about trying the MR to see how that performs.
Don't know if I told you, but the Xenique Framework will have a sidebar management feature in the future :sneaky:.

I remember telling you about some of the other features we had planned as well, and theres a discussion on the Xenique forum for requests.

Was wondering if anyone has come up with a unique or worthwhile way to monetize their threads without adding a sidebar? On my vBulletin forums a 300x250 and 160x600 in the sidebar paid very well.

What are you all doing that aren't adding a sidebar?

In vB, we ran a leaderboard under the navbar and a leaderboard above the quick reply. In xF, I switched the top leaderboard on the forumhome for a 300x250 in the sidebar. We still run leaderboards top/bottom on all the thread and forumdisplay pages. I can't tell that there's a real difference in terms of revenue between the 300x250 and the leaderboard.

Also, we've had several (!!!) users complain that they have to scroll left/right on the forumhome to see the whole page. As far as I can tell, they've got to be running at 800px wide or smaller. My style flexes pretty well until it gets down under 900px wide. Either way, it made me think twice about adding the sidebar to the threaddisplay or forumdisplay templates.

I've made a plugin called 'promoted users', which allows users to get listed on the frontage with their name or company name for 24/7 - they pay a subscription, and then they show up. Pretty simple.

Top Bottom