Lack of interest Mods can edit/delete/other an admins posts LOL

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Marc

Please can we have some kind of hierachy on the edit/delete functions. For example I would like a supermod to be able to edit and delete anything on the forum, however shouldnt be able to edit/delete/other anybodies post who is in a position above them .. IE.Admin

Cheers.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
For the reasons I posted the last time this was discussed, being an admin doesn't place you above the board rules.

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...rom-moderating-admin-posts.18714/#post-241709

Sorry I disagree. I am a manager at work, and if a member of my staff does something against the company guidelines I can quite rightly give him a warning for it ... However if my director does exactly the same as said member of staff I can not give my director a warning, I would have to report this to another director for them to deal with accordingly, whether it be not doing his job correctly, or taking a dump on another directors desk it does not change the hierachy of who can do what.

Personally I run my forum like a business hierachy as Im sure many others also do. Admin are overall in charge of the forum, Super Mods are in charge of the mod team and looking after the forum, and moderators are staff there to do xyz function within the forum.

Sorry I disagree. I am a manager at work, and if a member of my staff does something against the company guidelines I can quite rightly give him a warning for it ... However if my director does exactly the same as said member of staff I can not give my director a warning, I would have to report this to another director for them to deal with accordingly, whether it be not doing his job correctly, or taking a dump on another directors desk it does not change the hierachy of who can do what.

Personally I run my forum like a business hierachy as Im sure many others also do. Admin are overall in charge of the forum, Super Mods are in charge of the mod team and looking after the forum, and moderators are staff there to do xyz function within the forum.

Sorry for bumping this old post but in case you are still interested in this then have a look at my mod. It will make threads and posts of super admin untouchable in several criteria/aspects.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/super-admin-content-protection.1593/

Top Bottom