XF 2.1 Modifying xf:dateinput via code?

Jaxel

Lets say I have a dateinput:
Code:
<xf:dateinput name="date" class="date-picker" value="{{ date($xf.time+86400, 'Y-m-d') }}" />

Then in my JS, I am connecting to that date picker as follows:
Code:
$datepicker = this.$target.find('.date-picker');

How can I then change the contents of the data picker, and the options for minDate and maxDate in the JS code?

It depends on what exactly you're trying to do.

Generally speaking, you can get an array of handlers on an element (indexed by identifier) via var handlers = $element.data('xf-element-handlers');. You could then access a corresponding date input handler via var handler = handlers['date-input'];

It looks like those options are used during initialization though, so you can't really change them at run-time. You'd probably want to pass the options via data attributes in the template, or, if further customization is required, extend the XF.DateInput handler entirely and create your own date input templates/macros.

I want to link two date pickers together. So I can set the min/max date variables of the second picker based on what the first picker has selected.

The underlying library, Pikaday, has a few methods you can use for this. You can access the Pikaday instance using the picker property of the handler. So something like this should work:

Code:
var $datePicker = this.$target.find('.date-picker');

var handlers = $datePicker.data('xf-element-handlers');
var handler = handlers['date-input'];

var picker = handler.picker;
picker.setMinDate(new Date());

Having issues getting that working...
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setMinDate' of null

picker always ends up being null.

Works for me. Go up the chain until you find the problem. Is handler an instance of XF.DatePicker? Is $datePicker even an element with data-xf-init="date-input"?

Top Bottom