Lack of interest Modify/Improve the signup process

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Ray

Wouldn't you like a faster and more effective Signup process?
( I have updated this post with current xF login/sign up form, as the other one seemed a bit confusing)
Take a look at the following screenshots:

1. Enter e-mail as usual and click the sign up button.
a.webp

2. A validation link should be sent shortly after.
a2.webp

3. Once the validation link has been clicked, user will be taken to the next page where they can enter their password and complete the other fields (D.O.B, Gender, Time zone etc. This already exists!).

Benefits:
0(zero) unconfirmed users to deal with.
Discourages spammers
Stops spambots

What do you guys think? Do you support it or not?

Alternative screenshots(taken from flowplayer.org):

1.webp

2.webp

3.webp

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like it because I won't have any invalidated users to deal with, but I dislike it because if there's a problem with certain mail providers I won't know unless it's reported, whereas if I have multiple domains being unconfirmed then I can investigate the domain.

I think your previous screenshots actually better illustrated what you're suggesting... maybe you should include them as well as alternate examples.

Interesting concept, confirming your account before completing registration.

Not sure what I think of that really.

The thing is, this method doesn't allow administrators to have open registrations that don't require e-mail addresses. (I'm not sure if this is even a feature/option right now; if not, then it's not an issue).

The thing is, this method doesn't allow administrators to have open registrations that don't require e-mail addresses. (I'm not sure if this is even a feature/option right now; if not, then it's not an issue).
I don't think that's an option at the minute Nick. Each account requires a unique e-mail address, it's hard-coded.

I would like this feature implemented.

I do not know how many unconfirmed registrations I get, but they make the member count go up and take up usable user names.

Top Bottom