Modest - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

So the plan originally was to update the styles for 1.2.4 however I think we're going to hold off for our next version of XenBase. 1.2.4 was a minor update which for the most part showing one outdated template which you can use the merge feature to fix.

We have some cool things planned for XenBase 1.3, some of it a re-write to clean up some code. We'll also be organizing and adding some new features.

We're taking a break for the holidays so we'll be back officially after the new year.

I'll still provide sales and support the best I can however please keep in mind we wish to spend time with our families during the holidays.

Thanks all, stay safe and enjoy the holidays!

Nice theme ^^\

but got a locked topic in Support Forum lol (i'm think it's bug of software, it's ok ^^\ don't worry)
Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 6.50.38 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 6.43.11 PM.webp

Nice theme ^^\

but got a locked topic in Support Forum lol (i'm think it's bug of software, it's ok ^^\ don't worry)
View attachment 64358

View attachment 64357

Thanks for the screenshot, your name should be green on our forum to show your licensed so definitely a problem on our end :(, apologies about that haha.

1.2.4 made one small change not really worthy of a mass update:

In your templates if your merge function isn't working, open page_container:

Find:

Code:
<noscript><style>.JsOnly { display: none !important; }</style></noscript>

Replace with:

Code:
<noscript><style>.JsOnly, .jsOnly { display: none !important; }</style></noscript>

Russ updated Modest - pixelExit.com with a new update entry:

1.3.0 Massive Change Please READ!!!!

As I have been mentioning across various threads 1.3 is bringing a rather massive change to the way our style functions. Most of the front end you won't notice a difference aside from a few cosmetic improvements, however we've re-written a good majority of our XenBase.

With this said, if you are a current client of Modest please read carefully.

For anyone with minor customizations it's suggested you treat this upgrading as if you're installing a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Re-posting this:

Modest has been updated... please bare in mind for existing customers a lot... has changed on the backend side of things.

A lot of new features, bugs fixed with XenBase, bugs probably introduced into XenBase, just please almost treat this like a new style when installing it.

The footer has been completely recoded, a lot of XenBase has been recoded to provide extra functionality.

I'll be posting more documentation on pixelexit.com regarding our XenForo Styles.

Heads up too, we're going to be closing down the specific style sections on pixelexit.com to better maintain the support methods we have. Feel free to post any bugs/suggestions/finds here.

Since upgrading to 1.3 xenforo and 1.3 update for pixelexit's modest theme, the "ad_above_top_breadcrumb" seems to put the ad below the breadcrumb in the exact same position that "ad_below_top_breadcrumb" puts it.

Since upgrading to 1.3 xenforo and 1.3 update for pixelexit's modest theme, the "ad_above_top_breadcrumb" seems to put the ad below the breadcrumb in the exact same position that "ad_below_top_breadcrumb" puts it.

This is somewhat as designed and thought it was this way prior to 1.3 as well. With the breadcrumb acting as the "container" you could say of the design, for looks it should be at the very top and the very bottom.

With that said... that that I think about it, it may be a bug related to the "shift breadcrumb" feature we added in, I'll take a look and get back to you.

1.3.4 Update

This update brings it up-to-date with XenBase 1.3.4. A list of changes and fixes can be found here.

Specific to Modest:

Updated to XenBase 1.3.4

• Fixed call-to-action(also default position is outside the breadcrumb)
  • Fixed footer links
  • Fixed navigation icons not showing correctly if visitor tabs in the moderator bar

Before upgrading please make a backup of your current...

1.4.0 Beta 1 Fixes

Primarily a XenBase update which brings all of the out of date templates up to date.

Existing customers can find it in the "My Downloads" link on pixelexit.com.

To upgrade simply first make backups of your styles by exporting them.
Next import XenBase 1.4.0 Beta 1 overwriting your current XenBase, then import the style you've purchased and overwrite it. All updates should trickle down to your child style.

Last note:
This is possibly the last release we'll do for the 1.4 Beta series,...

I love this theme! I desperately need something that is stark and easy to navigate (e.g. nice obvious buttons for "Reply" instead of tiny little links, etc.) without being gaudy or in your face, and this seems to fit the bill. :)

One thing whilst I consider purchasing - I just tested the demo site, and there are no colour icons in the message compose box, as per your OP:

modest_2014-08-14.webp

Is that because it is an option, which you have disabled for the demo? Or have these colour icons been removed?

Thanks.

I love this theme! I desperately need something that is stark and easy to navigate (e.g. nice obvious buttons for "Reply" instead of tiny little links, etc.) without being gaudy or in your face, and this seems to fit the bill. :)

One thing whilst I consider purchasing - I just tested the demo site, and there are no colour icons in the message compose box, as per your OP:

View attachment 80553

Is that because it is an option, which you have disabled for the demo? Or have these colour icons been removed?

Thanks.

Yep its an option by default we turned on "use font awesome editor icons" so what your seeing on the demo site is pure font awesome there.

You can turn it off and get the original editor images with a single click :)

Yep its an option by default we turned on "use font awesome editor icons" so what your seeing on the demo site is pure font awesome there.

You can turn it off and get the original editor images with a single click :)
But that's just it, they are all black & white on your demo site (see my screenshot, above). Should they be colour, and in which case is there a browser issue or something that is causing them to appear black and white for me?

Or have I misunderstood, and you mean the colour icons are turned off for your demo site?

Thanks for such a quick reply. :)

But that's just it, they are all black & white on your demo site (see my screenshot, above). Should they be colour, and in which case is there a browser issue or something that is causing them to appear black and white for me?

Or have I misunderstood, and you mean the colour icons are turned off for your demo site?

Thanks for such a quick reply. :)

Exactly that, it's turned off for the demo site(well was). I went ahead and disabled the Font Awesome editor icons so show the custom icons Modest has.

Exactly that, it's turned off for the demo site(well was). I went ahead and disabled the Font Awesome editor icons so show the custom icons Modest has.
Apologies; I had never heard of "Font Awesome", so when I read your previous reply I thought you were referring to "awesome colour icons", albeit in broken English! Gotcha now.

Thanks again. :)

Top Bottom