Modern Nations

MegaPixel

Modern Nations is a Geopolitical Nation Simulation set on an Alternative Earth, players can join as the country of their choice, taking control of their Economies, Military and Government. Weigh in on various matters of state, and faced with a number of choices. Engage in military operations from counterinsurgency to conventional warfare, or participate in organisations like the Global Assembly.

We have recently moved from our host for 7 years (Zetaboards) due to a merge so focus has been getting to the point of been operational again before Zetaboards closed as we know it. We've worked hard with the help of some people on XF and developers for addons and are getting somewhere. Would love to hear your thoughts! We're quite a niche community, and the design of our forum is specific to the theme we are using.

Welcoming any positives and negatives, and thank you for your time in advance!

https://modernnations.com/

We still have a lot of changes incoming.
The banner will be entirely new, it's just a placeholder at the moment.
We also have some custom art work for the Continents nodes.

Had an update on the forum today:
  • Custom Banner! Before, it was just text.
  • Custom Images for Continents.
  • Upgraded to XF 2.0.12.

Let us know what you think!

Been a busy night, after a number of test upgrades, we've finally upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1!
As well as an introduction to a new ticket system and some other small changes.

www.modernnations.com

Roleplay has halted as we're doing a reset in September, so a lot of things have been moved to the archive ready! Perfect time for us to hopefully not break anything with updates :)

Let us know what you think!

We've recently begun Roleplay again, and it's started strong! Reverted away from our 'Summer' banner and released our new Economy System!

1569663862141.webp

We have a a lot of other stuff in the works already for the next update.

If anyone has any creative ideas how to make the forum cosmetics look better in anyway, I'm open to suggestions!

www.modernnations.com

Cool, but quick comment - check your Notices. I've never visited your site before, and I have little idea what it's about, yet this is the Notice I received:

1571228673314.png

As an outsider, this is not useful info / confusing. I have no context here. Consider showing a different Notice based on usergroup (Unrecognized/Unregistered) that maybe gives a very basic welcome / description or on-ramp to your community, which seems to be pretty intricate!

Prior to moving to Xenforo, we used to have a 'Birthday Banner' we'd put on the forum for any of our roleplayers during their womb-escape day. This stopped when we moved, mostly to prioritize other parts but I'm happy to confirm it's return in new artwork!

We usually get some other ones made for special events such as Remembrance day, but tend not to re-use them, and make a new design each time it comes around.

Check out the range of banners below for our forum!

Modern Nations Birthday Banner 2020 - It was one of our Moderators birthdays recently, a perfect opportunity to try it out!
1593093289228.webp

Modern Nations Standard
1593093154001.webp

Modern Nations Summer
1593093101243.webp

Modern Nations Winter

1593093172082.webp

We've been running Xenforo since 2018 now, time sure flies! After several months of planning, we've finally updated to v2.2.12 from v2.1 - something we held off due to a number off add-ons we had and concerns over our style. Since we've cut back on these and raised funding through donations from our members, we were able to look into upgrading with a new style.

This has been installed today and is considered a modern touch on our earlier setup that doesn't detract too far from our forums identity. We'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to @Russ for his time and patience with this project, always prompt with responses and happy to help! Feedback has been great from our community.

We have managed to locate historic screenshots since when the forum was first made to show how it's changed over time, finally able to add in 2023!

Forum is accessible at modernnations.com

We've been running Xenforo since 2018 now, time sure flies! After several months of planning, we've finally updated to v2.2.12 from v2.1 - something we held off due to a number off add-ons we had and concerns over our style. Since we've cut back on these and raised funding through donations from our members, we were able to look into upgrading with a new style.

This has been installed today and is considered a modern touch on our earlier setup that doesn't detract too far from our forums identity. We'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to @Russ for his time and patience with this project, always prompt with responses and happy to help! Feedback has been great from our community.

We have managed to locate historic screenshots since when the forum was first made to show how it's changed over time, finally able to add in 2023!

Forum is accessible at modernnations.com
I really like the new style, especially all the extra info you have in the off canvas menu on mobile. Is that stuff part of your new style or are you using an add-on for that?

Sorry for the delayed response, just catching up! It's all part of the new style @Alternadiv - We've been focused for this update in removing Addons to reduce us relying on them been compatible. Only using a couple AddOns now with the only public one as the KL Editor Manager. :)

@thegx.ca/forum Nope! I've never actually been on Nation States but we've had that question a fair few times. I made it back in 2011 and it was initially meant to be just a military roleplay but ended up developing over time into politics / economics :oops: We have had people join from NS though!

Top Bottom